Last week marked our 6th annual Faith-Based Finance Collaborative. This year due to COVID-19, we went virtual with a record number of registrations! We are blessed with so many amazing clients and partners.
The theme for the 2021 AcctTwo Faith-Based Finance Collaborative was “God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV). We’ve all been through so much this year. We’ve learned. We’ve adapted. We’ve grown stronger. Now, it is more important than ever to lean on trusted advisors and your collective network. Other perspectives, experiences, and expertise can help guide your organization, especially in times of darkness to help find the light. We’ve all encountered similar challenges in our ever-changing world.
A couple of my takeaways from our church finance event are:
- In a truly collaborative environment, everyone has a voice. Even though we were virtual, seeing how engaged everyone was on chat emphasized how strong our community is.
- Every session was amazing, but the chat lit up during our panel discussion. Hearing first-hand from peers on what they are doing to address challenges facing ministry finance was so encouraging. No one is alone - even if sometimes it feels that way.
- Welcome & Kick-Off Speaker: Kevin Gardner-Sinclair, Pastor at Broadway Baptist Church, gave a warm and welcoming opening to the Faith-Based Finance Collaborative.
- New Functionality of Sage Intacct: Sandy McClure from AcctTwo and Katie McCloskey from Sage Intacct presented new functionality in Sage Intacct, as well as updates from the latest release.
- Panel Discussion: Bryce Neal, Finance Director at The Austin Stone Community Church, Todd Baden, Director of Finance at Valley Creek Church, and Vicki Richardson, Supervisor - Customer Support at AcctTwo had an engaging discussion on overcoming challenges facing ministries within the finance team.
- Lunch Break Presentation Sponsored by Altec: Tony Choquehuanca, Sales Director Midwest Region at Altec, presented an engaging session on how to meet the demands of the remote workforce.
- Thought Leadership Session Presented by Martus: Martus Solutions, presented a session on what to avoid and how to make managing your church budget easier.
- Legal Outlook for 2021: Frank Sommerville, Attorney/CPA at Weycer, Kaplan, Pulaski & Zuber, PC presented a great session on tax and legal challenges you are facing post-COVID.
- Dashboards: Joseph Plagge from AcctTwo and Mary Cunningham from AcctTwo explained what a dashboard is and the uses surrounding dashboards, as well as building blocks and underlying components of dashboards.
- Sage Intacct Tips & Tricks: The AcctTwo team presented Sage Intacct tips and tricks on the following topics: Budgets, Smart Rules, Purchasing Approval Configurations, Scheduling Reports, KPIs, Dimension Balance Reports, Template Imports, Checklists, and 1099s. Watch the video >
- Lunch Break Presentation Sponsored by Vision 2: Carl Tierney - CEO & Founder at Vision 2, presented a session on online giving for churches.
- Thought Leadership Session Sponsored by Bill.com: Mitchell Yee, Senior Manager - Channel Partnerships at Bill.com, spoke to Cody Maynard - CPA, Pastor of Business Administration at Victory Life Church, about the benefits of enhancing your accounting system with AP Automation.
- Challenges in the New Hybrid World: Thomas L. Tyler Jr, Cybersecurity Advisor at CapinCrouse presented how to rotect your organization while living and working in a cyber world. He talked about some of the cybersecurity risks associated with hybrid work environments and what actionable steps to address and mitigate risks.
A big thanks to our amazing sponsors:
- Altec: helping businesses go paperless, digitally store, and automatically distribute documents
- APS Payroll: workforce management solutions, HR & payroll services
- AvidXchange: industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses
- BetterSpaces: workplace wellbeing app, designed exclusively to help you move beyond the tiny boxes on the screen and truly connect to your team, your wellbeing, and your purpose
- Bill.com: cloud-based software that simplifies complex, back-office financial operations
- Emburse Nexonia: expense and time management software
- FloQast: accounting workflow automation that streamlines common accounting processes
- Martus: budgeting tools integrated with your accounting system
- MortarStone: analytics intelligently designed to increase giving
- Pushpay: donor and church management tools including- financial tracking, donor development, volunteer management, community engagement, and custom mobile applications
- Sage Intacct: best-in-class cloud ERP software and the only AICPA-preferred not-for-profit accounting software solution
- TouchPoint: cloud-based church management system that equips leaders to grow fully devoted followers of Christ
- Venn Technology: helping nonprofits maximize the value of Salesforce.com
- Vision 2: a comprehensive giving solution for effective stewardship