Recently we sponsored and attended the Texas Ministry Conference in Houston, Texas. The vision of the Texas Ministry Conference is to provide tools and resources for people in all types of ministry and ministry support.
The passion for learning and spreading positivity was contagious. It was amazing to meet so many great people and have engaging conversations around the future of finance and accounting. Here are a few of my takeaways:
- There were so many vendors! There were over 40 organizations this year for attendees to talk to. We saw new and familiar faces exhibiting, such as The Church Network, Payroll Partners, Christianity Today, and so many more.
- The Texas Ministry Conference did something fun this year. They had a referee ensuring everyone was on time to each session. Instead of someone playing the xylophone or chimes indicating sessions were about to start, there was a man dressed as referee with a whistle.
- They had over 90 workshops for attendees to choose from. I loved how the Texas Ministry Conference broke out the content into different tracks. They had something for everyone. Their tracks included:
- Personnel & Human Resources
- Finance, Tax and Legal
- Leadership & Ministry Development
- Personal & Spiritual Development
- Operations & Facilities
- Children, Youth & Schools
- College & Single Adults
- Communications, Social Media & Technology
If we didn’t get a chance to meet, and you want to learn more about AcctTwo and how we work with faith-based organizations, feel free to schedule a meeting with me.
As AcctTwo's Sales Development Representative, Alyssa is focused on faith-based nonprofit organizations. She works closely with missions, churches, and Christian camps.
Alyssa guides finance leaders into the future of finance and accounting with cloud-based software, outsourced accounting, and technical consulting solutions.
Alyssa is from Houston, TX. She graduated with a double major in Marketing and Management from Sam Houston State University.