Growing Mission Organization Uses AcctTwo's Managed Accounting Services to Support Their Expansion
Flower Mound, TX and Houston, TX - Next Worldwide, a mission organization in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, is reporting dramatic results after moving its finance and accounting function to the Business-Process-as-a-Service platform provided by AcctTwo, a leading consulting firm and provider of cloud-based ERP and managed accounting solutions. NEXT Worldwide is a not-for-profit organization that hosts youth, college, and young adult mission trips to help communities, regions and countries around the world. Through church-planting missions and leadership development, NEXT Worldwide provides a catalytic experience that propels the NEXT generation to “LIVE THE MISSION” both in the United States, as well as around the world. After a rigorous evaluation, NEXT Worldwide chose AcctTwo to manage the organization's day-to-day finances, provide guidance and best practices, and implement the technology solutions needed for the organization to grow and operate efficiently.
Business Challenges Faced by NEXT Worldwide:
- The leadership team at NEXT Worldwide understood that maintaining their targeted growth trajectory meant refining their processes, building the necessary reports and dashboards, and leveraging best practices and advice from leaders in their industry.
- Staff turnover meant that NEXT didn't have the resources necessary to manage the growing organization's finances.
- NEXT's legacy accounting system was outdated and updating the servers so that the software could be upgraded was costly.
- Management was unable to get the reports they needed out of the system.
- Managing donor-restricted funds was a big challenge and required work outside the accounting system.
Reasons for Selecting AcctTwo:
- AcctTwo's managed accounting platform takes strain off the leadership team by handling the organization's day-to-day transactions, allowing NEXT Worldwide to focus on their mission.
- Working with AcctTwo's accounting and technology specialists has allowed NEXT Worldwide to re-engineer processes, improve productivity, and streamline financial results.
- With AcctTwo's managed accounting platform, NEXT Worldwide has access to experienced finance professionals from the CFO level down, on a fractional basis.
- NEXT's leadership team can spend less time producing information and more time analyzing that information.
- The recording of donor funds, the processing of employee expenses, the paying of vendors, and the reconciliation of accounts are all handled by AcctTwo's experienced nonprofit accounting staff, allowing NEXT's leadership to focus on strategic initiatives.
- AcctTwo's technology and accounting specialists help NEXT Worldwide manage donor-restricted funds and provide reporting on the use and success of those funds.
- Reports are automated, on-time, and always available with real-time information.
AcctTwo has put substantial investment in establishing an experienced team of nonprofit accounting and technology specialists, particularly in the mission and faith-based space. "We're committed to this vertical and will continue to attract and develop the not-for-profit superstars of tomorrow," says Tammy Bunting, Director of Not-for-Profit Services at AcctTwo.
Mark Lincoln, former CFO at e3 Partners, another large mission organization, was excited enough about the power and possibilities of a partnership with AcctTwo that he joined the AcctTwo team in the Summer of 2016. "Using an internally staffed finance department, I was able to make significant improvements at organizations during my career, but I could only go so far," says Lincoln. "The reason I joined AcctTwo is because of their culture of continuous improvement. AcctTwo takes the knowledge they’ve gained working with many mission organizations, churches, and other nonprofits to develop best-practices and curate the best technologies to solve the specific problems seen by their customers."
Highlighted Comments from NEXT Worldwide's Vice President:
"We are grateful for the partnership we have with AcctTwo," said Shawn Bettes, Vice President at NEXT Worldwide. "They go above and beyond to serve our organization. The AcctTwo team has a passion for our ministry and it shows in how they make us feel important and valued."
- Visit NEXT Worldwide on the web
- Visit accttwo.com
- Follow AcctTwo on social media: Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Follow the AcctTwo Blog
AcctTwo is a leading consulting firm and reseller of cloud-based accounting and ERP software. Our sophisticated systems solve the issues growing middle market companies face today. AcctTwo also provides Managed Accounting Services, allowing clients to focus on the core competencies of their business. We provide the people, processes, technology, and office facilities to perform these functions, while allowing clients to collaborate interactively through an on-line portal.
AcctTwo has offices in Houston and Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit www.accttwo.com or call 713-744-8400.