Open Position – Senior Corporate Accountant
The AcctTwo Opportunity
AcctTwo is positioned to be a dominant player in on-demand accounting and ERP software. AcctTwo's staff have the opportunity to work with numerous companies in a variety of industries, learning how these businesses function from operations to key management reporting handling their accounting and or ERP implementations. As our business has grown, so has our internal accounting department. By joining as a Senior Accountant at the corporate level, you'll be part of building a department to help us fuel our continuous growth.
As employees of a new and growing company, our employees have the opportunity to distinguish themselves quickly resulting in significant growth potential and increasing career responsibilities as we continue to expand. We believe AcctTwo presents an exciting opportunity for prospective employees to get involved in emerging cloud technologies and learn valuable business skills in a supportive and customer value focused environment.
In this position you will be responsible for managing month-end close processes, preparing GL reconciliations, managing cash flow, revenue recognition, and billing while leading month end close for our internal accounting department utilizing a state-of-the-art cloud-based accounting system. This position reports directly to our Controller and Senior Director of Finance, a licensed CPA with four years' experience at AcctTwo. She comes highly recommended by former direct reports as an outstanding manager and mentor!
- Lead month end and year end close, including review of reconciliations
- Review monthly sales tax filings
- Prepare budget to actual analysis for departmental managers
- Prepare various journal entries
- Implement required business processes and controls
- Lead revenue recognition and billing process
- Cash Management
- Work with AP, AR, and Payroll Analysts regarding accounting questions
- Special projects and analysis as needed
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or higher
- 3-5 years in full cycle financial accounting including leading the month end close
- Experience in revenue recognition in the software industry, ideally with strong exposure to ASC 606
- Good interpersonal, strong communication and business writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels in the organization – including executive and C-level employees
- Candidates with exposure to budgeting and forecasting are encouraged to apply!
Candidates with a CPA or who are CPA eligible are highly encouraged to apply! Experience with Salesforce, Sage Intacct, and Avalara would be highly preferred but not required!