Open Position – Senior Accountant
The AcctTwo Opportunity
AcctTwo is positioned to be a dominant player in on-demand accounting and ERP software. AcctTwo consultants have the opportunity to work with numerous companies in a variety of industries, learning how these businesses function from operations to key management reporting. Implementation projects typically last months, not years, so projects stay fresh with new customers and new business challenges to discover and solve. Accounting clients stay sometimes months, but often longer, so you can build those relationships. By supporting our Accounting clients with a best-in-class software, AcctTwo professionals are able to add real strategic value and supports to businesses adopting cloud technology.
As employees of a new and growing company, our Accounting Professionals have the opportunity to distinguish themselves quickly resulting in significant growth potential and increasing career responsibilities as we continue to expand. Our Accounting team has the opportunity to collaborate with other bright and driven professionals in a service-oriented team that has very low turnover.
We believe AcctTwo presents an exciting opportunity for prospective employees to get involved in emerging cloud technologies and learn valuable business skills in a supportive and customer value focused environment.
To continue AcctTwo's rapid growth, the Senior Accountant will play a key role in supporting our Managed Accounted Services clients in various aspects of their accounting needs.
In this position you will be responsible for managing month-end close processes, preparing GL reconciliations, client cash flow, oversight of payroll and lead month end close for our clients utilizing a state-of-the-art cloud-based accounting system. This could be focused on one or several sets of client books at a time depending on the breadth and scope of the clients’ needs.
- Lead Month End and Year End close.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Client Cash Management.
- Prepare various journal entries.
- Implement required business processes and controls.
- Train end users on software and business processes.
- Special projects and analysis as needed.
- Review accounting schedules prepared by additional accounting staff.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and process payroll (for some clients).
- Oversee Year End Filings – 1099’s, 1098’s, W2’s, etc.
Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be capable / flexible enough to adapt to the requirements of multiple clients in a variety of industries.
- 3+ years full cycle accounting experience.
- A Bachelor's in Accounting or similar (or applicable experience).
- Experience leading a month end close including analysis and review.
- Exposure to multiple accounting systems.
- Experience in public accounting in a client-facing role or experience working in multiple sets of books is highly preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and business writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of a customer’s organization – including executive and C-level employees
- Candidates with experience in midstream or upstream Oil and Gas in a financial accounting role would be highly preferred as our client base in these areas has grown exponentially!
The team supporting these clients is located in the Heights in Houston and works with collaboration in mind. Opportunities abound for cross-training and continuous learning as you are exposed to several different industries!
Though we do provide flexibility in our work hours and offer occasional opportunities to work from home, ideal candidates will be able to work from the office most days during the week sometime between the hours of 7:30 - 5:30.