Open Position – Senior Accountant (NFP)
The AcctTwo Opportunity
AcctTwo is positioned to be a dominant player in on-demand accounting and ERP software. AcctTwo consultants have the opportunity to work with numerous companies in a variety of industries, learning how these businesses function from operations to key management reporting. Implementation projects typically last months, not years, so projects stay fresh with new customers and new business challenges to discover and solve. Accounting clients stay sometimes months, but often longer, so you can build those relationships. By supporting our Accounting clients with a best-in-class software, AcctTwo professionals are able to add real strategic value and supports to businesses adopting cloud technology.
As employees of a new and growing company, our Accounting Professionals have the opportunity to distinguish themselves quickly resulting in significant growth potential and increasing career responsibilities as we continue to expand. Our Accounting team has the opportunity to collaborate with other bright and driven professionals in a service-oriented team that has very low turnover.
We believe AcctTwo presents an exciting opportunity for prospective employees to get involved in emerging cloud technologies and learn valuable business skills in a supportive and customer value focused environment.
In this position you will be responsible for managing month-end close processes, preparing GL reconciliations, managing client cash flow, oversight of payroll and lead month end close for our Not for Profit / Faith Based clients utilizing a state-of-the-art cloud-based accounting system. This could be focused on one or several sets of client books at a time depending on the breadth and scope of the clients’ needs.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to our not-for-profit and faith-based clients
- Prepare monthly GL reconciliations
- Client Cash Management
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Lead month end and year end close
- Prepare various journal entries
- Implement required business processes and controls
- Train end users on software and business processes
- Special projects and analysis as needed
- Review accounting schedules prepared by Staff Accountants & Accounting Specialists
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes & systems
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Oversee Year End Filings – 1099’s, 1098’s, W2’s, Year End Giving Statements
Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be capable / flexible enough
to adapt to the requirements of multiple clients in the not for profit / faith-based space.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance (or sufficient applicable experience)
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- At least five (5) years of accounting experience, with ideally 1-2 in a not for profit space
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and business writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of a customer’s organization – including executive and C-level employees
The team supporting these clients is located in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, though experienced employees in remote areas or those in Houston who can work from our Houston HQ are also welcome to apply!