Open Position – Upstream Sales Leader
Houston, TX, Dallas, TX or Denver, CO
The AcctTwo Opportunity
AcctTwo is a dominant player in on-demand accounting and ERP software. The AcctTwo Technical Services team is responsible for developing cutting-edge solutions to specialized industry problems and has built a proprietary upstream solution within Sage Intacct for independent operators of between 50-5,000 wells. We are seeking to gain market share rapidly in this market and are preparing to hire an industry leader focused on selling Managed Accounting services and our cloud-based solution to the upstream market. AcctTwo has developed world-class delivery methodology that continues to fuel our growth in support of leading mid-market companies and are looking forward to continuing that trend in the E&P space.
To continue this rapid growth, the Upstream Industry Leader will play a key role in building up our E&P client base. This is an exciting opportunity to share a new and innovative accounting technology with an industry constantly focused on staying on the cutting edge.
- Act as primary face of AcctTwo to the E&P industry, including thought leadership, business development, and sales.
- Develop, manage and monitor a network of targets, strategic relationships, and referral partners
- Develop the business development and sales plan for E&P
- Work with marketing and inside sales teams to define and refine messaging, collateral and other components that support our go-to-market strategy
- Participate in customer/partner presentations and maintain excellent customer relationships in Upstream Oil & Gas.
- Develop tactical plans that clearly define objectives, goals, schedules and assignments to implement targeted opportunities
- Develop and maintain systems and processes that provide genuine visibility and accurately forecast sales results & opportunities and provide quantitative and qualitative input for strategic decisions
- Foster a positive, success-oriented environment within the team and serve as a catalyst for growth in revenues, profitability and employee motivation while promoting the core values of company pride and loyalty
- A world-class, experienced Finance and Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) sales management professional with at least 10 years of proven success in sales/sales leadership in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry
- Current COO, CFO, Controller relationships within the E&P industry.
- Candidates will have a demonstrable record of leading sales for companies selling technology and outsourced services; ideally accounting services.
- Evidence of having thrived in an earlier stage company
- Evidence of having hit quota the last two years
- Evidence of having achieving President’s Club, or the equivalent in the last three years
- Strong background in developing and managing commercial relationships
- A detailed and systematic approach to targeting, monitoring and appraising team members. Will focus on KPIs and will have experience of creating and maintaining sophisticated sales management and planning techniques
- Must be able to accurately forecast by month and quarter
- A strong understanding of the product and the customers’ needs.
Candidates who possess the following would be highly preferred:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred. Advanced degree or qualifying certification (CPA, or CMA) preferred.
- Experience/understanding SaaS software (Intacct, Salesforce, Workday, etc).